OKI & ORO
COVID-19 – Information From Oki & Oro
With the recent announcement that some COVID-19 restrictions are being eased in QLD as of the 2nd of May, we wanted to let you know that if you’ve been wishing to make an appointment to see an optometrist, we now invite you to do so!
If you are due for an eye test and require a review of an ocular condition including diabetes and glaucoma please contact Oki & Oro to book a consultation.
We are following all the precautions and advice recommended by federal and state governments and Optometry Australia to ensure our practice continues to be a safe environment, including:
- Providing hand sanitiser upon entrance to our stores. We request everyone to disinfect their hands before entering the store
- Restricting the number of people in the stores to ensure social distancing is maintained
- Wiping down surfaces frequently throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to EFTPOS terminals, phones, pens and door handles
- Removing all toys, magazines and unnecessary display items from our waiting room areas
- Providing a tray for patients to place any frames that have been tried on so our staff can sanitise thoroughly and return to the shelf
- Optometry equipment is sanitized between each patient (as already practised)
- Optometrists are wearing masks in consultations. If they are able to, patients will be required to wear a mask also which we can provide
- Breath shields installed on our slit-lamp microscopes
- Please cancel your appointment if you have a temperature or any cold or flu like symptoms
- Installation of the Australian Department of Health COVIDSafe app on Smartphone devices; the application ensures everyone that has activated the app that in the event they have possibly been exposed to the Coronavirus the Department of Health is able to contact that individual and organise COVID-19 testing, monitor their health and give advice in regard to self-isolation.
- We strongly encourage our patients to download the app via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and assist the Australian community in reducing the further spread of the virus
As a small independent business, we are forever grateful to the support we’re receiving from our community and we ask that you continue to support us as we navigate our way through this health crisis.
Dennis Da Rin, Megan and the team at Oki & Oro
Watchmaking for the 21st Century
Oki and Oro Boutique showcase inspiring local and international designer timepieces to bring you the latest in style. Pieces featured in our range focus on a balance of function and beauty with organic form. From the contemporary simplicity of Aãrk Collective to the high horology of Bruno Soehnle
Visit our Newstead watch boutique to view our collection of watches and find something tailored to your individuality.
Get in Touch
Shop E5-D Gasworks,
76 Skyring Terrace
Newstead QLD 4006
Mon–Wed : 9:00am–5:30pm
Thur : 9:00am–6:00pm
Fri : 9:00am–5:30pm
Sat : 8:30am–3:00pm
Sun : Closed